Ten Year Polaroid Project 1999-2009 (photography, performance, installation, video)
Taxonomy from 2006 of Polaroids on days in which I photographed myself with my son. From the Ten Year Polaroid project (July 24, 1999- July 24, 2009). Father and Son (2006). Polaroid 600 Film. Scanned and printed as 11×14” giclée (2009).
Taxonomy from 1999-2000 of Polaroids on days in which I photographed myself in visually striking or exotic locations (places). From the Ten Year Polaroid project (July 24, 1999- July 24, 2009).Places (Boca Raton, Hyde Park, Lower Manhattan, Dead Sea) 1999-2000. Polaroid SX-70 Film. Scanned and printed as 11×14” giclée (2009).
Interviews about the Polaroids:
- Mark Metcalf. PODCAST INTERVIEW: A tsunami of [Marc] Tasman,” ThirdCoast Digest, May 13, 2010. http://thirdcoastdigest.com/2010/05/podcast-a-tsunami-of-marc-tasman/
- Bonnie North . RADIO INTERVIEW: One Polaroid at a Time,” Lake Effect, WUWM, Milwaukee Public Radio, 89.7 FM, April 16, 2010. http://www.wuwm.com/programs/lake_effect/view_le.php?articleid=949
- Dick Gordon. RADIO INTERVIEW: “What’s In a Name?” The Story produced by American Public Media, February 10, 2010. http://thestory.org/archive/the_story_969_Nomi_Kaim_.mp3/view
- Rebekah Modrak. VIDEO INTERVIEW FOR BOOK WEBSITE: Reframing Photography: Theory and Practice, 2010, Routledge Press. http://www.reframingphotography.com/artists/marc-tasman
- Mary Louise Schumacher. PRINT INTERVIEW: “The 10-year-long instant portrait: Marc Tasman turns decade of life into art via daily Polaroids,” Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, December 20, 2009. http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/entertainment/79448062.html